Property Market Update – Leicestershire August 2023
**Exploring House Prices in Leicestershire: A Snapshot of the Market**
Are you curious about the property market in Leicestershire? Whether you’re a potential buyer, seller, or just an avid observer of real estate trends, understanding the current state of house prices can provide valuable insights. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the recent trends and notable transactions in Leicestershire’s housing market.
**Average House Prices in Leicestershire**
Over the past year, properties in Leicestershire have exhibited interesting price dynamics. The average price for properties in the region settled at approximately £275,284. This number serves as a broad indicator of the market’s health and can help potential buyers and sellers gauge their expectations.
**Property Types and Their Prices**
Property types play a significant role in shaping the real estate landscape, and Leicestershire is no exception. Let’s break down the average prices based on different property types:
1. **Semi-Detached Properties:** Semi-detached properties were the dominant choice among buyers in the past year. The average price for a semi-detached property in Leicestershire stood at £253,827.
2. **Terraced Properties:** Terraced properties, known for their charming character, commanded an average price of £204,217. These homes often offer a mix of history and functionality.
3. **Detached Properties:** If you’re seeking more space and privacy, detached properties might be your preference. On average, these homes fetched a higher price of £416,012.
Let’s delve into some specific property transactions that occurred recently, offering a glimpse into the diversity of the market:
1. **17, Barlestone Drive, Hinckley:** This 3-bedroom detached property changed hands for £320,000 on June 20, 2023. The property provides freehold ownership, making it an attractive prospect for homeowners.
2. **67, Chepstow Road, Corby:** A detached property with historical records dating back to 2006, this residence was sold for £380,000 on June 20, 2023. Its freehold status adds to its appeal.
3. **1, Parkers Close, Blackfordby:** For those seeking a detached property with 2 bedrooms, this home was sold for £182,500 on June 19, 2023. Its freehold ownership adds to its appeal.
4. **95, Lavender Avenue, Coventry:** A terraced property offering historical records dating back to 2012, this residence was sold for £260,000 on June 19, 2023. Its freehold status adds to its appeal.
5. **6, Warmsley Avenue, Wigston:** This 3-bedroom semi-detached property, boasting a history dating back to 1999, changed hands for £266,000 on June 19, 2023.
As evident from these recent transactions, Leicestershire’s housing market is diverse and dynamic. Whether you’re interested in the classic charm of terraced properties, the space offered by detached homes, or the practicality of semi-detached residences, the market has something for everyone. Understanding the trends and prices in the market can provide a solid foundation for making informed decisions, whether you’re a buyer, seller, or just a keen observer of real estate developments. Keep an eye on these trends as they evolve, and who knows, your dream home might be just around the corner in the beautiful region of Leicestershire.